Zanussi dishwasher/black sludge

Hello,

My "integrated water management system" (IWMS) in my Zanussi dishwasher had to be replaced because of black sludge.

I understand it is dirt from the water mains and that it can also foul-up washing machines.

Can it be filtered? If so what micron size filter is required? I'm thinking new cartridges may work out cheaper than new IWMSes!

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen