Installing a radiator off-level

I'm wanting to put a radiator in beneath a window in my bathroom (or rather I'm getting a plumber to do it). Being a somewhat, errrr characterful house, the internal window cill is not level. If the radiator *is* level, and is just below the cill, it looks awful, because it highlights the fact that the cill is wonky.

I want the plumber to put the rad in so that its top is parallel with the cill, and bugger the levels. However he is strongly advising against this on the basis that it won't work, there'll be air locks, etc. Is this right?? I can see no reason for great problems. So long as the bleeding valve is at the higher end of the rad then any air should be easily bled, and I can't see a problem.

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

It'll work fine as long as the bleed valve is at the higher end. Even if it wasn't, it'd still work pretty well (you'd have some trapped air that you can't remove, but nothing serious).

Reply to
Grunff

I'd agree with you.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

In message , Martin Pentreath writes

I can't see any problem either, get him to install it so it looks right, with the bleed at the high end.

Reply to
bof

It will probably be better as more air will be removed. But ensure inlet is on the lowest side.

Reply to
Mike