pushfit are they reliable?

Page 4 of 5

writes

Plastic has to be well supported and clipped. Use copper pipe and horizontal runs.

On 28 Nov 2003 16:10:19 -0800, all snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (mark al) wrote:

I have never used pushfit but would have some reservations about long-term reliability - most non-metals do deteriorate over time, especially when hot. I would also worry about the effects of repeated expand/contract cycles on CH pipes.
Soldered fittings are not all that difficult to do, and cheaper - I would go for soldered for peace of mind if installing in a house I intended to still be in after 10,20+ years' time.