push-fit stop-ends ?

In times gone by you have claimed to be some form of 'heating engineer'. Some engineer that won't pay out the few quid for the correct tool, which is hardly expensive *and* quicker than any other method. So just some more proof that you don't actually have any practical experience whatsoever.

But then you didn't manage this with your hacksaw?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Er, "variety of tools" just means more than one, not "any kind of tool you feel like using including the one we recommend you don't use"

I thought you said you had already bought a pipe cutter but didn't have it with you ?

I think this thread and the original are frankly hilarious. Like probably everyone here you had a DIY job go wrong when you were trying to cut corners (by not fetching/buying the correct tool).

You used a tool that the manufacturers recommend you don't use and, when things went wrong, rather than think "Oops that'll teach me not to follow the instructions" and keep quiet about it, you not only posted an article complaining about the design of the pipe you were using, you later published the manufacturers instructions which clearly stated that you shouldn't have used the tool you did.

You now seem determined to prolong the agony by arguing with everybody on this newsgroup who has successfully used pushfit pipework.

Have you never heard of the phrase "When you're in a hole, stop digging" ?

Keep up the good work

John

Reply to
John Anderton

"nightjar .uk.com>"

Don't and have leaks then. Take the advise of a knowledgeable pro or have problems,. Your choice.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Getting there.

I suppose you cut the pipe with an axe then. Boy are you dumb!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Careful trim there, to remove the bit that points out you no bugger all about using push-fit fittings.

If I find a knowledgeable pro, I will ask. Until then, I'll go with 20 years of personal experience.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .uk.com>"

Not experience of domestic. I have asked the type and make of fitting and you have not responded. I assume not the off-the-shelf domestic push in the shops.

As I say: "Take the advise of a knowledgeable pro or have problems,. Your choice."

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The advice of a knowledgeable pro is always welcome. Do you know one?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No, oddly enough, if the manufacturer recommended using a pipe cutter and *not* using a hacksaw, I'd use a pipe cutter.

Given that in the example above you used a hacksaw and not a pipe cutter, I assume that in your reality things mean the opposite to what they do in the one I inhabit so I take that as a compliment :-)

Cheers,

John

Reply to
John Anderton

If he keeps digging the hole faster than the water pouring in then he considers it a success. :-)

Reply to
Matt

Lord Hall, you accept the pair of you haven't a clue.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Thank.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Or a "variety of tools"

Given that you are THICK and a thick know-it-all cak handed amateur at that, you should shut up and stop making a d*****ad of yourself.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Nope, sorry, still laughing :-)

Reply to
John Anderton

They will lock you up for laughing at nothing. How is the Dorset sheep shagging going?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Because I assumed that even you would realise that was a very silly question. Do you really think that I would have used only one, or even a fairly small number of makes, over a 20 year period?

That probably depends where you shop. For domestic and commercial water systems, I use John Guest fittings bought over the counter, because that is what my local plumbers' supplier stocks. They also make airline fittings and those are among the ones I have used on my airlines.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .uk.com>"

Well air-lines don't stain ceilings.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel" saying something like:

They do if they land on you.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

But they are subject to statutory safety checks and leaks in them both consume energy and cost money. As I stated before, on my systems at the monthly maintenance checks, with all outlets closed there is no measurable pressure drop over a one hour test period. That means they do not leak, despite containing a gas at several times the pressure of domestic water systems.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .uk.com>"

Your limited exposure to pushfit is far from the general feedback for 1000s out there.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel