push-fit stop-ends ?

In article , Doctor Drivel writes

Yes but you have been told to get someone to do theses things for you John, it probably slipped on the swarfe created by your hacksaw.

Reply to
David

I have been using push-fit fittings on airlines working at 7 bar for years without problems. If you have a problem with them, you are not using them properly.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Bertie, do you keep seeing the shadows?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"nightjar .uk.com>"

Which is tripe of course. If you have not had problems then you are a lucky man. The grab ring occasionally don't grab properly. When pressure is off and on the grab rings can tension and untension.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .uk.com>"

Believe me sunshine, I bloody well do.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I went with the compression fittings, although I did have a couple of push-fits to hand in case I was too limited by space contraints.

It was tight as a knats' chufty trying to nip them up, but there`s no sign of seepage several hours later.

  • I managed to shear a plastic reducer nut at the shower end, so just capped it to resolve the problem.
Reply to
Colin Wilson

I have been using push-fit fittings on air lines for around 20 years and have about a couple of hundred in use in my factories. They cycle from zero to 7 bar pressure five days a week, 51 weeks a year. The airlines have an annual statutory inspection and a monthly maintenance inspection and I have never had so much as a minor leak from them. With all outlets closed, the system will not produce any measurable drop in pressure over a one hour test period. You should believe me when I say that, if you have had problems, it is because you are not using them properly.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

If you really think push fittings are unsafe, then I would advise you not to venture anywhere near a public road. Push fittings are used throughout the braking system on heavy trucks, working at up to 10 bar, and cycling on and off pressure every time the brakes are applied. I have never known a push fitting fail under these conditions, they occasionally leak slightly if used to repair a pipe that has been painted, and they can sometimes jam and refuse to release the pipe, but I have never know one blow out.

Reply to
SimonJ

Colin, in case you didn't realise it you just met the resident troll. No matter what your experience Dr Drivel (or Dribble as he is known in some circles) will always "know better"

Reply to
Matt

Dribble is only allowed out under the direct supervision of two very experienced carers and only then when his drug regime is stable. Usually he just plays on the swings and the roundabouts as long as there are no other children in the vicinity - 50 year olds acting like

2 year olds tend to make people freak out in real life whereas on the internet Dribble can appear as sane as timegoesby, IMM, Adam, ***** or **-*.

Most of the time he is kept indoors safely under lock and key where he spends all day, every day, reading leaflets and fantasizing about dual combis, cheap tools and the time when he burnt the nursery to the ground and the fire engines turned up en-masse (hence his fascination with water leaking from pipes)

Reply to
Matt

"nightjar .uk.com>"

What make?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Lord Hall, you are at it again. You try to be more fun.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I have more failures with them than any other type of fitting. The hard of thinking use them.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

< snip Lord Hallness>
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yep, but I was bored.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

You seem to have failures regularly.

Hacksaw. Plastic pipe. Say no more.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Anyone ever tried googling this newsgroup for "hacksaw+plastic+pipe" etc etc? It's quite funny to scroll through the google output screen:

or

David

Reply to
Lobster

"nightjar .uk.com>"

..and prattling bollocks.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

With pushfit yes. It is clear you don't know what they are.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel