Precautions for combi boiler after water supply interruption

Hi All,

Is there any special precautions necessary/possible to safeguard a combi boiler after long-term loss of the water supply? It is likely that our supply will be reinstated this week.

I do intend to run the water from an outside tap until it's running clear first.

I have a W-B Highflow combi BTW.

TIA, M

Reply to
Mark

If the radiators were not drained thn I feel that apart from driving out any air by running the hot taps all should be well. Check the pressure gauge. (Does it have a header tank or a filling loop?)

Reply to
John

It has a filling loop - but the CH circuit is sealed and the pressure was fine last time I checked. I was concerned about possible dirt from the mains cold getting into the boiler.

Cheers, M

Reply to
Mark