[Possibly OT] Landlord's question

It happens:-)

Good question.

Not that I know of - others of course may know better.

Reply to
ARW

Just not true. Dozens of CO poisonings happen each year quite a few are fat al. This figure is not getting better as older an inherently less safe designs are replace by newer and safer appliances. I suspect this is in part due to the fact that houses are getting less draughty.

The reason AIUI for not requiring CO alarms where there are gas appliances even open flued ones is that an alarm is not a substitute for regular servi cing & inspection. There is already legislation in place to require servici ng, inspect/test and certification of gas to happen in rented accommodation .

Reply to
ed

Sure they have, but nowhere near as many as have been killed by the applian ces installed by charlatans pretending to be qualified. These fall into rou ghly two groups, rogues with experience but no understanding, diligence or conscience and builders (usually extension builders) who try solve the problem of how to build the extension without relocating the boiler and its flue.

Reply to
ed