CP 12 - Landlord's Gas Safety Certificate

Could anyone tell me where I can find a sample copy of a CP12 on the internet.

Also, are there any hints & tips that any of you know of regarding the CP12?

Cheers.

Reply to
Jinge

I don't know where you would get one on the net. There are various outlets for it and probably the easiest from Screwfix. Part no #15933

If the installation has not been inspected for a number of years it is likely that some remedial work will be needed to bring it up to spec.

There is no reason why you could not inspect and test the installation yourself. The problem would come if anything ever went wrong then the document would not protect you but rather the opposite. A bit like issuing your own MOT for your car IYSWIM.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

"Ed Sirett" wrote | There is no reason why you could not inspect and test the installation | yourself. The problem would come if anything ever went wrong then the | document would not protect you but rather the opposite. A bit like | issuing your own MOT for your car IYSWIM.

But does not the landlord's certificate *have* to be issued by a CORGI? It would only take a phone call from a disgruntled tenant to the HSE gas safety line to cause the landlord an unwanted problem, even if the gas installation was itself compliant.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

installation

I'm with you on this one Owain. An independent inspection and issue of a certificate by a registered CORGI engineer, is the only legally acceptable, method of showing the system is in compliance with current requirements. If you skimp on this, in any way, you leave yourself open to severe legal action by the gas suppliers, the HSE, the local authority and the tenant (if still alive) or their relatives.

One example of how dangerous any failure to comply with these requirements became apparent last year, when the two students died when the boiler in their flat suffocated them with CO2, and the footballer and his wife/girlfriend, with the same thing in their flat. In the case of the two students, it was found that the system hadn't been certified as safe by a CORGI engineer since it had been installed ten years earlier. The landlord is now serving a term in prison of 15 years concurrent, for each of the young lads he killed. I wonder if it was earlier incidents of the same thing happening that eventually had this law passed ?

Reply to
BigWallop

That's really what I was trying unsucessfully to say. No matter how good a job you did of filling in the Landlords' Record it would not be valid at least in the eyes of officialdom.

Just like trying to issue your own MOT.

Reply to
Ed Sirett