Possible to Fix a Trevi Thermostat Cartridge?

Three years ago I replaced the thermostat cartridge of an old Trev

shower. part A963068NU (Ideal Standard)

Today I had to buy a new one because the old one failed. The water flo would decrease substantially a few seconds after turning the water on.

I am in London and there is some scaling in the part but nothin extraordinary.

I have also been told that these parts should "last forever". But th guarantee for parts is only 1 year, not five.

Is there any possibility of fixing the old part?

I am thinking of immersing it in Harpic cleaner or other descalin product.

Is there any point in trying to open it up?

Based on experience many times parts can be easily fixed at littl expense. But this one seems like a quite massive block and I prefer t ask.

Thanks,

Antoni

-- asalcedo

Reply to