Ideal Standard Trevi TT Valve (shower thermostat mixer)

HI All,

I have had installed a IS Trevi TT valve ie. shower mixer/thermostat - the instructions for the face plate (Cone) refer to a water saving stop point viz. "The flow control has an economy stop button. If the knob is turned as far as the stop it only provides 50% of the its flow rate. Should a higher flow rate be desired press the stop button and then turn the knob further". This is confirmed in the other language descriptions with the product. If this doesn't exist why is it in there?

This means the flow knob only turns a quarter by default (in my case). But the stop button on my Cone faceplate knob doesn't unlock at a quarter turn - but I assume it should as the instructions say so - and the flow rate out of the shower is appalling. There is no flow rate problem at the adjoining sink. Its a fully pressurised system and the show head has been chosen specially to avoid flow issues as it has a minimum pressure of 0.1 bar (rain type shower).

Has anyone got this valve? Do you know how it should operate?

Regards, Tom

Reply to
Tom