Phew!! thank goodness thats over.

Nah man, when you've been at it for years(DIY that is) you get to know things like...you've put that on upside down...it looks wonky...it won't fit properly...how much longer are we going to be...the paint is not the right colour on the tin...I knew I should have done it meself. :-(

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I've never had a problem with it (apart from a bit of neck/back ache, but I seem to get that doing just about anything these days).

Reply to
Rob Morley

The message from Owain contains these words:

'Scuse me - I've just got to run and be sick.

Reply to
Guy King

You don't know me well enough. That's not my tipple.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Queenies?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Wavy was fashionable in the 1930s. I don't like it but wouldn't condemn it for others. I can't stand radishes but each to his own.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Funny, that, I always feel sick when I look at a ceiling. That means, of course, that Spouse has to do it ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What's yours Mary?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Depends what I'm eating or the occasion.

Otherwise, good champagne, good single malt (Ardbeg my favourite), Guinness, artisan beers, Armagnac ... but we rarely drink alcohol socially. A bottle of wine with our evening meal, sometimes a dry sherry while cooking it ...

In summer we do get through a lot of bubbly outdoors. Any excuse to celebrate is grasped :-)

Liqueurs only when I make them myself - bullace (home grown) gin is the latest. Commercial ones remind me of the cough mixture we used to have. When we had coughs. Our systems are so pickled now that bacteria don't stand a chance, that's why the Grim Reaper is trying the big guns.

Mary.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The Grim Reaper obviously doesn't know what he's letting himself in for. :-)

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

For some reason he wants me, he's made enough attempts but to date I've managed to stare him out.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Good for you! I wouldn't be seen dead with anyone displaying such abysmal dress sense.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Nah, one of the London crabs. Kings Crustacean, Charing Crustacean, New Crustacean and Saint Pan Crustacean.

Reply to
Guy King

Oh. I thought you meant prawns and that it was a witty reference to chess ... It would have been applauded :-)

Reply to
Mary Fisher