Thats a bit OTT init

Just bought some Rabbit Skin Glue over the internet. Arrived this morning and the invoice states £4.15 for Packaging.

Sheeesh! thats a lot for dumping a 1kg into a small cardboard box.

Reply to
George

You didn't have to buy it on-line.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You knew the price before ordering I presume?

Reply to
Slider

I see,so the fact that my only local Art shop did not have any in stock and only sold 250kg packs when they do have it in stock... I shouldn't buy it online?

Reply to
George

Or he could have sewn the rabbit skins together instead of glueing them.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Not the packaging,just says the total price less vat so that amounts to £11.48 plus P&P of £1.50. Can I hit them with this for not displaying packaging price?

George

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You could have telephoned Tiranti and aked about all their charges. Or waited for stock to go into your Art shop - or find another - or ask for a special order ... of course you might have had to pay more for smaller quanitites or special orders ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

HAHA! Silly Owain!

Seriously, I could have done him a deal on rabbit skins so that he could have made his own glue.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Presumably you agreed beforehand to the total price for the items, the cardboard box/stuffing, the labelling and the carriage?

Try it.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Buck off. ;-)

Reply to
George

Do you have any idea how much it costs to send 1kg by post? And once it goes over 1Kg which no doubt your package was it gets rediculous.

Perhaps it was a misguided tax fiddle. As long as you only paid the amount you knew and agreed to pay who cares if they gave it to you FREE and charged you £12.98 postage

Of course if they over-charged you then give them a call and I'm sure they'll refund the difference.

£4.15 is a very reasonable and fair price for 1Kg.
Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

which specifies the £1.50 packing charge and the applicable delivery charge.

OG

Doe !

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Do you?

Well, red is their corporate colour.

1kg is =A33.08. There seems to be an anomoly between 1.001 and 1.25kg (=A34.30) but after that's it's 70p/250g up to 2kg. Then =A31.82 for an additional 2kg (taking us to 4kg). After that it's =A32.80/2kg extra, still a lower rate/kg that the first kg.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Fairly standard practice. Especially from Ebay. People can't add these days so think they're getting a bargain.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I had hopped that one was too obvious to use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I say Hare Hare !!

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

First rule of buying from Ebay ..Consider the FULL price ..Is it Ok for what you are buying !!!

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

=20

Yes, lots less than a gallon of fuel, say 40 miles worth. Where I live it's 50 miles round trip to the nearest, well, anything much. I happily pay =C2=A34.15 not to get the car out.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow