Thats right.....

.....and many of us knew it all along. LOL

Don

This is like exception makes rule posts.

Back in the late 80's we had a 16 year old Swiss exchange student stay with us for 3 months. Anyway, we had waterfront and a ski-boat, and she wanted to learn to water-ski. First time she tried, up she goes...went around the lake 4 times, we had to stop the boat to plunk her. Next she wants to one ski, goes by the dock and drops her ski like a pro, and never failed.

My daughter did ok at driving, but I ruled she must set her hair tied back in a pony tail, to drive my cars, or anyone elses.

Chicks who want to look sexy and drive too with hair over their eyes and ears are a menace.

Myself, I'm such an air-head don't even have the radio on if there's traffic, and I have a pilot's license, but I love the feel and sound of the engine and the road hitting the tires.

Maybe boys empathize with machinery more than girls, likely so. If that's the case then when teaching girls to drive, more emphasis should be put on the connection to the machine, and learn to love a oneness with the vehicle, not much difference than riding a horse.

Fusing with a powerful physical vehicle is always a thrill for me.

Regards Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

Here in south FL the winter is the *season*, lots of people come down from up north, and clog the thoroughfares. Locals and transients seem to have developed a genetic defect that causes them to cruise below the speed limit in the left lane. This is causing wrecks and road rage. The senate is developing a new law right now to address the issue of people driving in the left lane. As usual, this will NOT deal with the problem directly. There are already laws on the books that focus on *impeding traffic* that are not being enforced. Around here its well known that there are more cop cars in the parking lot of the Crackerbarrels than on the road.

Reply to
Don

Just today I found myself remarking "Yes, there is a UFO parked in the middle of the lake. Yes, it is spouting a jet of water a hundred feet in the air. But YOU are in the middle of the road!"

gruhn