PC fan connectors - anyone know what they are called?

I'm trying to get hold of a few of those small connectors that connect cooling fans on a PC to the motherboard. I have salvaged a few off old boards but could do with more of them. It's the socket part I'm looking for needed. There seem to be 3 varieties: with 2,3 and 4 pins. Anyone know what they are called and perhaps who sells them? thanks

Reply to
dave

Molex, IIRC. All the likely suspects should have them - RS Components, CPC etc. Maybe even Maplin.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Molex KK, 2.54mm or 0.1" pitch, rapid electronics and maplin do them.

Reply to
js.b1

You do.

Reply to
Huge

Are Molex not the big jobs, power to hard drives that sort of thing?

And are Molex not considered as plugs rather than sockets?

The sockets are just called Fan power connectors in my A+ course book

A scan of the various connectors

soup

soup wibbled on Monday 07 December 2009 10:48

across in a box of electronics.

I've had the dubious pleasure of searching their product range trying to match something weird...

Reply to
Tim W

Those are Molex 8981 series

The sockets are just called Fan power connectors in my A+ course book As mentioned previously, these are Molex KK (2685 series)

Andy Burns

Molex is a manufacturer.

The power ones (and these) are flying sockets.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Molex is the trade name of a maker that has become a bit like Hoover.

Some of the plugs and sockets on my car wiring loom are branded Molex.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Computer Connectors for Dummies? That will get you a long way.

Try asking for a "reset switch connector". About as much use as a "fan power connector".

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Molex is a brand name, they make various different connectors

plugs and sockets

Reply to
geoff