What are they called?

On a lot of pickup trucks, the tail board lifts up over a stud in the end of which is an oval piece which you put at right angles to the tail board to hold it in place - forms a sort of T shape.

What are they called and can one buy them?

Reply to
John

Antiluce fastener?

Reply to
Toby

antiluce fasteners

Andy Burns

These appear to be called anti-loose fasteners

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Also used on horse trailers, you will find them in places like Countrywide. Both "threaded" ones which you fit with a nut behind, and ones for welding in place.

Reply to
newshound

(Sorry, haven't yet found out how send live links!)

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

Oh, apparently I have!

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

Antiluce.

Yes. Studded or weld on, various sizes. Be aware they can jack themselves back up and flop horizontal releasing what ever they are suposed to be holding. DAMHIKT...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Brilliant, thank you all very much for your help.

Reply to
John

I found that locking them in place with a large hammer overcame that problem. Of course, you also need the hammer to unlock them later.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I think it's only a problem if there is some light pressure pushing against the toggle. Provided what ever is being held is loose behind the toggle by more than the teeth size in the toggle it doesn't happen.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

never had that problem on the series III

But the tailgate located on a bloody rubber seal that kept tension on them

The Natural Philosopher

Won't be a problem, I want them to hold metal shutters on windows at a miniature railway whilst fixing the bolts inside - it will just stop them falling off while I go inside!

Reply to
John

Could you use magnets? That would avoid having anything outside to be tampered with.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

They have bolts which go through with nuts on the inside. At the moment it takes two people, sometimes that is a nuisance.

Reply to
John

In message , John writes

Tack weld the bolt heads to the shutter holes. Then bend the bolt stems down slightly so they act as hooks?

Reply to
Tim Lamb