patronising digital advert

In message , "J. P. Gilliver (John)" writes

Snipping blindness is a curse. I always try to present readers with a single screen. I'm a ruthless snipper.

Cross-posts set to a Usenet-compliant number.

Reply to
james

In this case quoting should not be necessary at all.

Agreed.

Reply to
Mark

No - but it's common practice to copy the mail you're replying to below.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

...and you wouldn't knock mp3 players if you'd heard a good one (with decent files on it).

Cheers, David.

Reply to
2Bdecided

There is no such thing as a decent mp3 file, they do not exist. All mp3 files are compressed and are far from being as good as the source they came from. You wouldn't claim there was if you had actually compared the source with the mp3.

BTW some "mp3" players will play lossless files ie. not mp3, I suggest you try one.

Reply to
dennis

Age discrimination is as bad as any other. And, as you rightly say, the same nonsense.

gr, hwh

Reply to
hwh

Have you ever heard a very-high-bitrate mp3 file?

At what level of "corruption" do you draw the line - .1%? .001%? 1 PPM? If you insist on zero, I will withdraw from the discussion (-:

Some mp3 files _are_ - *for practical purposes* - indistinguishable from the original; however, I won't say "I suggest you try one".

Reply to
J. P. Gilliver (John)