TV distribution equipment (advert)

There's a sale of second-hand TV distribution equipment here.

sale includes modulators, amplifiers, receivers, and various other bits and bobs.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

In message , Bill Wright writes

So - a site to avoid boys and girls

don't buy from spammers

... and report the bugger

Reply to
geoff

In article , geoff scribeth thus

Well I didn't think he'd "spam" on here but thats Bill Wright of Wrights aerials one of the most knowledgeable posters on newsgroups!....

Reply to
tony sayer

Must admit, I didn't see it as spamming, not in the way most spammers operate.This appears to be a one-off sale of stock of someone who is getting out of the business.

Given the raison d'être of this NG, I would think there might be several people who could be interested.

Reply to
The Wanderer

On the other hand, the Berlin server didn't serve up the start of the thread at all. Just saw geoff's post. So n.i.n seem to have classified it as spam.

Reply to
Rod

I think Bill clears out reclaimed kit from time to time on eBay, and normally drops a message in uk.tech.digital-tv for any interested parties. I guess the crossposting between here and there has been more frequent recently, and so he assumed most people here would know him as well.

Indeed.

Reply to
John Rumm

The Berlin server sent it here OK .. and No Bill's not out of bizz this AIUI is just surplus second-hand stuff...

Reply to
tony sayer

For once not a spammer but a genuine sale. Although given the time Bill has been around newsgroups he should know to preface this subject with 'FS:'

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I did think the [advert] in the title was a pretty good clue. I think it behoves those posters who are quick on the trigger finger to see if any post follows acceptable guide lines. I think this one did.

Reply to
The Wanderer

I'm sure he's posted here occasionally before. Definitely *not* a spammer!

Reply to
<me9

FS: OT: etc are the accepted way for those who wish to filter out such things. 'Advert' could well be used in a legitimate subject like - 'Anyone seen that advert for B&Q drills' - or somesuch so not a good idea to just filter that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Adverts are not allowed here - the group would be destroyed very quickly if people copied even a tiny fraction of ebay adverts here.

He spammed it all over the place anyway. It looks like it has been cancelled although not very successfully, possibly by his ISP who I imagine will have received complaints or by himself if he knows how. (I can't actually find the cancel msg, but it's been cancelled from some servers).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

OK, not being a subscriber to tv and such newsgroups, I'd better take it back

kittens - you still have nine lives

Reply to
geoff