PV System advert.

I thought I read somewhere that, due to the Government reducing the feed-in tariff soon, all available PV installation capacity was taken up. Or did I mis-interpret that? I have no intention of using it. But today I received yet another invitation to call for a no-charge no-commitment consultation. This one from Sunuser, of Leeds, and I am in East Anglia, so I am really sure to use them as a local supplier. Maybe I should take them up on it, just to waste their time!

Reply to
Davey

The danger is that if they don't reduce the FIT for PV systems they would have to find more money from somewhere.

Got a card with the post this morning "Help reduce our carbon footprint and be rewarded with FREE electricity and an income of up to =A360,000 for 25 years!"

So many weasel words:

"our carbon footprint". Whose? Society has a whole or this company?

"FREE electricity". Well if you don't count the capital cost...

"income of up to =A360,000 for 25 years". "For", doesn't that imply =A360,000/annum for 25 years? Rather than the reality of up to =A360,000=

*over* 25 years.

They also wanted age group, but only 35-60 and 60+ and number of occupants in the household. Looking to target the elderly on their own or just a couple? Also the name of the company "Green Deal Solar" is trying to link in with the governments "Green Deal" that should appear next autumn. Based in Paisley so only 130 odd miles away.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Do they make them with defrost heaters to clear snow :-?

Reply to
fred

If they did, they would use 125% of the electricity that they could produce!

--=20 Davey.

Reply to
Davey

Yes, I had some chinese guy ring me from somewhere in Scotland, honestly, trying to sell me the idea as well. What is going on, they must be getting desperate.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Course they are. Renewable energy is a busted flush, and they have stocks of s**te that no one wants.

Looking for an idiot near you..harry? How much are your panels doing to day..harry..don't be like that

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Quite possibly...

No need to be so hard on the poor boy - his one will probably payout ok at the locked in level of subsidy we are paying him.

Reply to
John Rumm

Over the year Harry will do quite nicely thank you. What dont you understand about seasonal variation?

Reply to
cynic

less than I understand about what happens to shiny surfaces outside in the elements ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher