Part and new rings

You have no idea about first world electrical installations that is clear.

It is fitted like I describe RIGHT NOW on new homes.

Appears so.

It can.

Yep. Now you have it.

I do, I decribed it to you. Another Plowman caber tosser here.

It is done that way on new homes RIGHT NOW. I do not need a lecture from a know-it-all fool.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Tell you what, next time you spot one why not tell the owner that their wiring is not to current standards and potentially unsafe.

So it fails on that....

So it fails on discrimination...

And your point is what?

Poor design, and not to current standards. Does it happen? Probably. Is it right? No.

Then don't listen next time you talk to yourself.

Reply to
John Rumm

Oh my God!! Another Plowman. It has FIVE levels of safety.

Appears not, the BCO's passed it.

It is done that way on new homes RIGHT NOW. Can't you read?

To standards. Now RIGHT NOW.

Err YES, it is RIGHT.

Third world humour is al;ways flat.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

You are powerfully dumb.

Pre part P it would be outside their remit.

Post part P most BCOs (not being electricians) will pass or fail based on certification from an approved person. So if the approved person is as cluless about electrical work as yourself, then the BCO will end up passing all sorts of bodgery.

So by your logic it must be right then?

If you believe this to be the case then exaplain how it complies with

531-02, 533-01

Planning to dig any further?

Reply to
John Rumm

That could lead to some interesting court cases in future then.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

John, try using your brain for once. If you're spurring off a ring from an FCU, what's the point in having a CU and ring in a garage? You're restricted to just 13 amps via the FCU which will protect anything downstream of this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm surprised after all your claimed knowledge of the trades that you didn't know a BCO isn't qualified to check electrics?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh My God, this one must makes cabers too.

I find this amazing. A know-it-all says that what is conmon practice is wrong, and can't back that up.

Yep.

Explain in detail how it doesn't.

No the underground cable is already in the ground.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

.......from a hard Sunday morning at the cabers he this a bit and has a go.....let's see what wisdom he spouts....

...his knowledge fails on lacky matters...as garages have dedicated CUs.......he thinks in numbers now......

......that was good...he got that right...it must have read that off a lucky caber dip......

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

....putting his caber down he has a think and spurts away.......

.......he fails to notice that if something is overtly wrong the BCO can intervene.....does the BCO check his cabers?.......

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

So these el cheapo builders who spur off an ring main fit a CU in a garage with a ring of sockets off that, and a 'ring' for lighting too?

Which planet is this on?

Perhaps you'd give details of such houses being built now so that others can check - rather than taking just your amateur word for it?

Since you consider yourself an expert in all things - including electricity - would you like a list of all the things electrical you've asked here?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Assuming the BCO notices. Which assumes to much - like he has a knowledge of all wiring regs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You really haven't a clue. Stick to DIY decorating, keep away from other matters.

< snip garbage>

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

....after a sweaty days cabering he thinks and says.....

......and that they do, and many of them are big developers too.... This will fox him and he will have to think again....

.....he is thinking of the stars now.....intergalactic cabers....

............he wants to walk around other people's houses now..........yes that's what he wants to do....maybe those intergalactic caber houses on Mars......

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Could you shut up and let IMM back in please, two combi boilers made sense compared to this lot.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It's sort of like Dr. Who really. Each time he metamorphoses, strangeness increases

Reply to
Andy Hall

Think Dr Evil is doing his own prescribing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not only have I explained several times why such work would not be compliant, I have even given you the clue of chapter and verse below.

Time for you to either put up or shut up.

Reply to
John Rumm

Aha! - here we have it - the classic...

Run out of wiggle room on a "black is white" argument again, he has to return to old form.

Reply to
John Rumm

You have not and this is still being implemented RIGHT NOW!

You are making the accusation, so prove it!!!! Stick to decorating

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil