Part P

Scenario - a kitchen fitted with a traditional leccy cooker (combined hob an oven). Where EXACTLY is the interface between appliance and fixed wiring? If it's the isolator on the wall am I allowed under Part P to remove the cover from this switch to disconnect my appliance? Further, to get the cable out I may have to loosen the switch from the wall... It could be argued that ANY electrical work on the cooker, such as replacing a simmerstat or whatever, comes under Part P. :-(

As it happens, the cooker's working fine, just the thought crossed my mind.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 18:49:22 +0000 (UTC), Frank Erskine scrawled:

Depends how it's fitted but basically part P starts at the point where the cable from the cooker itself is connected to the main fixed wiring of the cooker circuit. This could be the back of the switch or an outlet plate.

Yes.

Er, it doesn't. ;)

Reply to
Lurch