Part P / Kitchen

Am I correct in thinking that replacing the wiring from a kitchen oven back to the CU is not notifiable?

Reply to
Grumps

Yes, kitchen is no longer a "special location" unless yours has a bath/shower/sauna/pool so replacing anything is fair game, adding a new circuit is supposedly not ... varies in Wales and Scotland.

Reply to
Andy Burns

replying to Andy Burns, Neil Whilding wrote: Not true, replacing the cable from the cooker back to the consumer unit is rewiring the entire circuit so classed as a new circuit. New circuits must be reported under part p regardless of the location

Reply to
Neil Whilding

Are you really worried about that? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Now that depends on why the cable is been replaced.

A like for like because the cable was damaged was never notifiable.

Reply to
ARW

If it takes the same route, is there anything to stop me using say 10mm cable instead of the original 6mm?

Reply to
Fredxx

Yes, it's not a like for like. Part P specifically mentions this (or used to).

But you could just tell a small white lie and say it was 10mm you replaced.

There are no Part P police.

Reply to
ARW