OTish: Experiences of manufacturer repairs (Samsung)

Hi,

My fridge/freezer has gone wrong (probably the auto-defrost thingy) and I'm not sure whether to use the manufacturer's repairer or try to find a local repairer.

I know it's usually better to get an independent but I've heard Samsung (& others) keep service details of their products pretty secret. I want to avoid the situation where a repairer has to replace each part bit by bit to see what is actually wrong with it.

TIA, Mark.

Reply to
Mark

fridge/freezers. It was mentioned on the BBC Radio 4 a few weeks ago. IIRC Samsung were offering some kind on extended warranty for this problem,

Reply to
Michael Chare

A repairer that did that would be out of business in a month. FFs arent so complex that one needs cct diags - they make life easier but aren't usually essential.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It's not American style, just an ordinary fridge above, freezer below type.

Reply to
Mark

It would be just my luck to pick one of those like I did with my washer/dryer (Several visits, parts replaced, did not fix it)!

Reply to
Mark