OT The best things in life are free

With a freedom pass I can be there for nothing in 20 minutes, but I can never find a reason to do so. I hate the bloody place

Reply to
stuart noble

Do you have a decent defense?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Yes.

I had paid for the parking online and I have the receipt/email showing that I had paid before the ticket was issued.

Reply to
ARW

Have you tried a decent Fullers or Youngs pub?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On 26/01/2014 13:03, Mr Pounder wrote: ...

It is quite simple. You think 'Oh bugger I didn't mean to come this way', then pay online later the same day.

As you should expect. If that wasn't the standard reply, everybody would be trying to weasel out of paying with hard luck claims of one sort or another.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

There is a good chance that anybody you ask for directions in central London is a stranger there themselves.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Fullers might be the only large brewery still in London, since Youngs closed the Wandsworth site, but there's plenty of good small brewers, too.

Reply to
Adrian

Good luck.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I did not know that you could do that.

I did expect that, but there was no harm trying. I live over 200 miles away from London, but that made no difference to them.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Pay it like everyone else has to?

Perhaps you'd have done better to look for the congestion charge signs rather than relying on a sat nav. Do you drive through red lights too?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I once called into a taxi office and asked the nice Asian man to point me in the right direction for Hackney. He had absolutely no idea. Turns out I was 4 miles away. Pathetic. I once pulled up at a bus stop to ask directions. Every single person turned their back on me. Lovely people.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

It did make a difference. They profited.

Reply to
Richard

They probably couldn't understand your northern accent. Or speech impediment as we call it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Fuck. You *really* are that widely known?

Reply to
Richard

It's bloody hard to find them fried in dripping in London. You could try Fryer's Delight at 19 Theobald's Road, WC1X 8SL. Depending where you are in Oxford Street it's a hop on the Central Line to Holborn or a

55 bus. A bit variable though in my experience.

And while I don't think they cook in dripping, there's Masters at 191 Waterloo Road which used to be easy to spot 'cos of the number of black cabs parked up while the cabbies refueled. Does mean going sarf ov the river tho ;)

Reply to
Robin

Bloody close to the hospital I shall be working at one day next week.

Reply to
ARW

I did not know how.

No, I do not drive through red lights. Do you always ask stupid questions?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

They were all black and turned away from me before I opened my mouth. Did you know that the southern accent is known as the worst in the world?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

The National in Queen Square? If so please treat them extra well: they're the only one of 4 London hospitals I've dealt with in the past year which hasn't cocked up in one way or another.

Or the RLH for Integrated Medicine? If so bear in mind it used to be called the Royal London Homeopathic Hospital, so their canteen's idea of fish and chips might be a plate which had fish and chips on it before it was put through the dishwasher 3 times :)

Reply to
Robin

I am legend.

Reply to