OT The best things in life are free

Once in France I had a dish described as "Saumonette" (~= little salmon).

I didn't like it much.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I have what appears to be the worlds worst GPS, it has sent me across fields and along river beds. I have worked with computers for over 40 years, I hate the things.

Reply to
djc

Had to look that up!

Saumonette

Common name or Vernacular name ambiguous The term "dogfish" applies in French several taxa distinct.

Dogfish Scyliorhinus canicula small Small dogfish Scyliorhinus canicula Taxa

Several species of super-order of Euselachii

Scyliorhinus canicula Squalus acanthias Several species of the genus Mustelus

The term dogfish is a trade name used in French for several species of small sharks , the little foxes , the dogfish and émissolles . These sharks take this name once headed, gutted and skinned. They are among the most consumed shark France with taupe shark .

This term refers to salmon , noble fish. The term "shark" was considered somewhat seller, this fish has a reputation as a man-eater. It is the same for the term " sea level "for porbeagle.

Reply to
polygonum

But of course they all have different local accents - I can tell the difference between people from Barnsley, Sheffield or Leeds - to non Yorkshire people it's just a Yorkshire accent.

Reply to
ARW

As I found out 2 weeks ago.

Reply to
ARW

About 15 minutes walk away from work. Could be worth a shot. A pity that the one apprentice that would have liked that is off ill.

Reply to
ARW

Further comment. We have never seen such perfect performances ever on the London stage.

Reply to
Capitol

I didn't have a dictionary when I walked into the restaurant. Well, not except SWMBO, and she didn't know it either.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris