OT Streetview and my old student digs

I lived at no 10

Looks like no 12 has stolen no 8's wheelie bin:-)

Reply to
ARW

What's with the general dereliction? And the green boarded house opposite?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Has it never recovered?

Reply to
Fredxxx

It's Liverpool?

As to the house opposite I am afraid I have no info as I last lived on that street in 1992.

Reply to
ARW

The whole road is dying of shame. :)

Look, you expect a sympathetic response? This is Usenet.

Reply to
GB

Nuff said... I though it was Yorkshire...

Reply to
Tim Watts

/> It's Liverpool?

Nuff said... I though it was Yorkshire... /q

Bloody southerner, appen :-)

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

What do you mean student digs? You were a student? As in getting educated? I don't believe it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Do we multiply the number of DIY installed burglar alarms, England flags, and steel-boarded windows, to obtain a deprivation factor?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com scribbled

Divide that number by the different shades of red they painted the terrace.

Reply to
Jonno

Bloody hell it's cheap - Immaculate 6 bed house for £118k

Zoopla link:

Gawd - I've been living the SouthEast too long... That would buy you a converted bus shelter with sitting tenants around here.

Reply to
Tim Watts

You could get a "nice" statuic caravan round here for that. Which kind-of proves your point.

Reply to
Huge

It was not posh when I lived there but it looks to have gone to the dogs (like many areas of the UK)

Now I have just spotted something funny.

You can scroll back on that street view for older images.

The scaffolding at no 18 has been up there since 2008:-)

Reply to
ARW

Hey - someone who's DIY is taking longer than mine!

Reply to
Tim Watts

There's a building in central Canterbury that's held up by a number of girders. I'm told that has been there for a considerable number of years.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I had a scaffold tower up for so long, it became such a joke amongst our friends that for my 50th birthday a couple of years ago, someone made a cake decorated with a scaffold tower up against the house :-)

Reply to
Chris French

At least my scaffold came down a couple of months after the roof was finished :)

However my electrical work is spanning so long in phases I think I will have to do it "properly" and write out 3 EICs... (I have not actually written one out yet, but I logged all the tests in a spreadsheet). I was going to combine to one, but that's getting a bit of a joke now...

Reply to
Tim Watts

One each for the 16th, 17th and 18th edition regs:-)?

Reply to
ARW

:)

No we managed to keep it in the 17th.

And I pre-empted the forthcoming amendment by choosing a metal CU in the first place - hehe...

Reply to
Tim Watts