OT Printing envelopes on a Google chromebook.

Has anyone had any experience of printing envelopes on a chromebook?

Reply to
Capitol

I don't use a chromebook, but this is no1. in Mr Google's list:

That any use to you?

I haven't printed envelopes for many years. I started using window envelopes in 1980. More recently, I bought a label printer.

Reply to
GB

Thanks, looks very cumbersome. The reason I asked, is that envelopes don't work at all well with my Open Ofice and Ubuntu. I had hoped that Google would have cleaned up the rough edges of OO.

Reply to
Capitol

Interesting. My secretary used to do them in word, years ago, and it all worked very smoothly. But, of course, I mustn't say anything like that. Open Office is every bit as good as Word, and Microsoft are thieves for charging for their software.

Reply to
GB

They work just fine for me, using LibreOffice and Ubuntu.

In Writer... Format -> Page -> Page Format -> DL Envelope (or whichever) -> Landscape Set it all up. Shove an envelope in the printer's manual feed. Print. Job jobbed. How well your printer physically handles envelopes isn't going to vary according to what you're printing from, of course.

If you're genuinely using OpenOffice, rather than Libre, is it a very (very...) old version of Ubuntu/OO? Libre replaced Open in 11.04, back in April 2011. Absolutely no reason at all not to upgrade.

Reply to
Adrian

Work perfectly for me with libre office and Mint

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Andf even back then I had no prob;lem printing envelopes. Of cpurse you have top learn to drive OO...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher