OT Magic tricks.

I was talking about live performance. Recording a TV show is a very different matter and stops, starts and retakes are the norm whatever the genre. They're by no means always due to the person performing.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

I must have, since I see that he was on Penn and Teller's Fool Me series, though I can't call him to mind: I'll take a look, thanks for the link.

Incidentally, I don't know if you ever check it out, but the Asylum is pretty much abandoned these days.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Ha. When I was 7 we were entertained at school by an amateur magician called Max.

At one point I was called from the audiance to assist him and at close quaters I could see where one of the objects he had dissapeared really was. Of course I felt it my duty to point this out, much to Max's constination.

Incidently Max had a son who did quite well for himself. Howard Jacobson.

Reply to
Graham.

He just needs to be bent over in front of the one visible behind the box. Its his legs you can see and he just stands up.

There is no such thing as magic just distraction and manipulation. Its easy to manipulate things if you fix the viewing angle, the tricks don't work if you can wander about.

Reply to
dennis

Yes, two people behind the box. The bent over 'magician' already has his hands and head in the box and is spinning it. You can see his head pushing up on the upper surface when the box lands on the podium for the first time. When it lands for the final time he just pokes his head out. At the same time the guy behind jumps down from the stand he has been kneeling on.

Reply to
alan_m

There were a number of similar tricks throughout this Patrick Sébastien show, which we have watched for several years on New Year's eve.

Some of the acrobatic acts were very spectacular.

It is a pity that the BBC don't show these circus acts like the used to on Christmas day.

Reply to
Michael Chare

alan_m wrote

I've seen him before, that is his act.

Reply to
Sailor

tim..... wrote

He will have more assistants than shown at the end - including at least one set of twins.

Reply to
Sailor

But in this case they were.

I was working in the medium at the time.

Reply to
charles

Then I bow to your insider knowledge. Are you talking about Daniels himself, or a guest star?

Reply to
Bert Coules

Daniels himself. There was one particulat trick (can't remember which since this was nearly 30 years ago) where he got it wrong at least 3 times. coming 'off stage' to be shown - yet again- how to do it by another conjuror (magician). This in full view of the studio audience.

Reply to
charles

That's fascinating, thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules

On 01 Jan 2015, Sailor grunted:

Hmm, in front of a French audience!?

How do they do that bit after 6:08 live, where you see the disembodied legs walk across the stage? Is she walking behind a waist-high screen or something? But you can see the apparent red cross-section of her midriff at around 6:17.

I agree with Sailor - the way that's done is probably key to all the tricks here.

Reply to
Lobster

The head arms and upper body are in the box the legs are pushing. The skirt is fastened to her bum.

Reply to
alan_m

On 02 Jan 2015, alan_m grunted:

Ah, right - obvious now. Neat illusion though!

Reply to
Lobster