Carpet stained by Chlorox Oxi Magic

Hi everyone

I have creamish coloured carpets and a 2 1/2 year old DD so I bought some Oxi clean as I was having real trouble removing stains from my carpets. I read the instructions that say not to use on wool carpets, I didn't think my carpets were wool so tried a spot test on my carpet where it wouldn't be seen. It took the stain out and didn't mark the carpet and dried to a normal colour so I went around the rest of the house spot cleaning marks.

95% of the marks came up but the ext day when everything had dried I realised that my carpets now all have yellowish stains on them where I uses the Oxi clean.

I don't understand because I did a spot check but now my carpets look terrible, I feel sick. It is a one run carpet thought the whole house and now it's ruined.

Is there anything I can do to lesson the marks? The 2 largest are huge because they were caused by condensation coming off the window and settling on the carpet (which then went mouldy)(It was behind a couch so I didn't see) but now the mould has gone but the patch is huge and yellowish brown coloured.

Has anyone had this problem before and been able to fix it?? Please help me if you can.

Best wishes Pip

Reply to
Pip

I am so excited to find you !!!

Honestly, I have used it to clean *old* rust stains from a paint can in my spare bedroom and 90% came out! It's especially great on any kind of stains!

This statement came from a customer of mine, I sell and use the Almighty Dirt Buster, and these are some of the compliments we receive every day, so buy it, try it and you will be happy, there is a money back guarantee if not. Go to

can send you more excited customers comments. thanks

Reply to
claude gatling

Wool dyes well, so you may want to consider that. To ensure good results call a professional to make an assessment. From there, you can weigh the cost against new carpeting.

Reply to
Phisherman

Will your sodium metasilicate really unbleach a rug? Amazing! And if it doesn't work for Pip, how much will the experiment cost her?

Reply to
Barbecue Bob

Hi Pip

On some carpets, Oxygen Bleach will remove the yellow tinge left by Oxygen Compound Cleaners. Although they are almost the same thing, the Oxygen Bleach does not have the reductases that turn yellow if they are not washed out.

TTUL Gary

Reply to
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

from now on, go to Walmart and buy "Whink" to remove rust from carpet.

Reply to
WHoME?

Nowaydude I should say! May I remind you this is not a dating bar, FH? You will probably deny your intention and say "WHoME?" but it's obvious to all.

Reply to
Marcia Pease

lolol oh my goodness! yer still here?????? i forgot all about you since i've been gone, now i remember why i left. lol

Reply to
WHoME?

what are you peddling now Marcey?

Reply to
WHoME?

don't worry marcey, i have NO intention of asking YOU out. lololol

Reply to
WHoME?

Quite right dear, the woman is a ninny and a troublemaker and best ignored. welcome back

Reply to
Mrs Bonk