Please please help with carpet cleaners...

I am a rookie... Had a little flood in the basement and the areas which were 'wet' are now discolored... With respect to the professional carpet cleaners out there, do the sub-$300 consumer steamers do as good a job? I don't even know why the carpet is discolored as it seems it was just water... thanks all!

Kevin Miller Ft Wayne,, IN

Reply to
Me

Hi Kevin,

Steam cleaning may not be the answer to your problem. There are specific products designed to get rid of the yellowing/browning, which are either pre-sprayed or mixed in with the water in a water extraction machine.

I would suggest you try these first - Prochem do one that you should be able to get in the USA.

Hope this helps

Reply to
DrClean