OT: ITV1 HD

I'm a football fan, but I skip the group stages. A month is just too much. And these sodding flags are getting me down already.

Reply to
stuart noble

I have the TV muted, I can't stand the noise of all those wasps.

Reply to
dennis

In the past BBC OBs have supplied facilities for Sky football, but only on a very small scale; they have never been the primary facilities provider. BBC OBs as was - SIS live as is - don't have the facilities to cover the number of matches that Sky do. SIS have a lot of other commitments besides football

As that arrangement never existed, it can't have continued.

Reply to
Bill Taylor

Funny that - it also describes the criteria I use for a great rating on RatedPeople! ;-)

Reply to
John Whitworth

Yeah - what exactly are those things?

Reply to
John Whitworth

In message , John Whitworth writes

Vuvuzelas

next question ?

Reply to
geoff

When I started touting for work a few years ago for my new business, I asked potential customers what they looked for and what would make them choose someone else. The overwhelming response was that they wanted someone reliable who understood what was needed, turned up on time, did the job, and charged only the agreed amount - unless of course the scope of work had changed.

The result is that, eight years on, I don't need to advertise and I rarely do any marketing. Almost all my work now comes from repeat business and word of mouth recommendations.

The Medway Handyman has exactly the right approach. His is a very good business model.

Reply to
Bruce

Dumkopfhorns.

Reply to
PeterC

Are they as bad as Bernie Clifton and his trombone and ostrich?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I just spoke to my cousin in the USA. I misunderstood what he had told me several years ago after I saw BBC vans at a match that was being covered by Sky.

You will be pleased to hear that his response was "You said WHAT?!?!?"

So I'll bow out at this point. I'm sorry if anyone was misled, however briefly. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember geoff saying something like:

Grimly Curmudgeon