Displaying pictures for this NG

What do users recommend for displaying pictures linked to messages on this NG. I've tried photobucket but I don't find it easy to do what I want on it

Reply to
Donwill

So what _do_ you want it to do that photobucket doesn't?!

Personally

works for me, for just a simple link to a single image - no account needed, very straightforward.

David

Reply to
Lobster

I use tinypic

then post the "direct link for layouts" so the image displays without the attendant crap.

e.g.

Dave Osborne

Eh? Just copy and paste the direct link to the pic you've uploaded on here.

Like this:-

Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Donwill saying something like:

Simplest way, without an account, is

Easy upload, just grab the url when it's finished.

Best viewed with a popup blocker in place.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

flash, javascript or automatic redirection required. perfect for the old school newsgrouper.

Reply to
fred

If its one likely to be of use for a while, stick it on the wiki...

Reply to
John Rumm

Photobucket actually works with the ancient browser on this RISC OS machine - which is one reason I still use it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I use

Dave Liquorice

I *started* to use that, since so many other people (outside DIY) use it, then got bogged down in (and resentful of) all the attendant registration malarkey.

I turned to tinypic: exactly what I wanted: perfect.

John

Reply to
Another John