OT; Is it just me?

cheese and honey. Food of the gods.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That has to be a euphemism !!

az

Reply to
Baz

I once stayed in a hotel in Tijuana whose restaurant listed dishes "with sauce come white". I ate something different.

Reply to
Davey

If dinner includes mashed potatoes, I always leave some so I can have a mashed potato sandwich.

Nice piece of buttered bread, thick layer of mash, salt & black pepper. Yum!

My wife, daughters & granddaughter all think I'm weird.

Is it just me then?

you are gonna die a slow death fatman

Reply to
Judith

Peanut butter & banana, sometimes with raspberry jam too.

Reply to
djc

Nope.

Reply to
Huge

Elvis loved fried peanut butter & banana sandwiches.

Reply to
Huge

Probably not, a Liverpudlian delicacy was (is?) the "Connyonny butty". Take two slices of cheap white bread, cover both liberally with margarine (not butter). Over each margarine coated slice sprinkle a tablespoon full of sugar. Over each sugared slice spread a tablespoon or two of condensed milk. Put slices together and eat.

Reply to
Peter Parry

In message , Bob Martin writes

Cheese and beetroot butties

Reply to
bert

Ah, a fine example!

Reply to
Davey

Chip _Sandwich_! Well, that's where your missus is going wrong. Everyone knows it should be a Chip Butty. As the character, Marlon (or perhaps it was Wellington?), in "The Perishers" cartoon strip once observed,

"Butties taste so much better than Sandwiches. I reckon it's cutting the bread that makes them lose their flavour." (unfortunately I can only praphrase here - ISTR that our 'hero' was warning Maisie off cutting the bread, explaining that the slice of bread should only be folded into a butty lest it lose its flavour by being cut)

There's a certain element of truth to this seemingly unfounded theory of Marlon (or Wellington). Chip butties are regarded by many as a tasty delicacy. I doubt this would hold true for chip sandwiches though (certainly not for myself at any rate - a chip 'sandwich' just seems "So Wrong"(tm)).

Reply to
Johny B Good

Now, they're something else again (chip _butties, that is!) :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good

====mangled quotage snipped====

Thank you very much for the clarification. :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good

My response to anyone banging on about keeping fit and eating healthily is: "Eat well, keep fit, die anyway.".

Reply to
Johny B Good

Clutch at chest, mumble incomprehensibly through toothless mouth and slump to floor with fatal heart attack.

Reply to
Huge

That's pretty FATuous.

Reply to
GB

Happily.

Reply to
Peter Keller

Died on the toilet didn't he? I'd rather be in bed with a morphine drip

Reply to
stuart noble

What you do at weekends is up to you.

Reply to
Huge

Davey put finger to keyboard:

At a restaurant in Austria they had a dish that consisted of meat and vegetables roasted on a skewer.

The English translation was "Gypsy spit".

Reply to
Scion