So far OT...........Travelodge is missing me!

Just received a couple of emails from Travelodge saying that they are missing me.
No shit, Sherlock!
We are in lock down,
Cheers
Dave R

On 16/05/2020 16:52, David wrote:

What has this got to do with DIY.
What’s it got to do with DIY?
Nothing.
What’s it got to do with uk.d-I-y?
Plenty!
He probably goes around and puts in diy kitcheens to hotels?
Brian
--
----- --
On 16/05/2020 16:52, David wrote:

But are you missing them?
--
Adam

On 16/05/2020 17:32, ARW wrote:

Rentokil are going to be busy after the down-and-outs are chucked out, leaving all their fleas and bed-bugs behind
On 16/05/2020 17:32, ARW wrote:

I think to be missed by travelodge is not something I would reveal to anyone.
The Natural Philosopher explained :

In my long working career, I stopped in many hotels, but I never experienced a Travelodge, I had no idea they were that bad.
On Sat, 16 May 2020 18:10:26 +0100, Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:

Personal bias, probably.
I've used them for a cheap bed from time to time, along with the other chains.
Nothing special, not for a holiday or luxury, but OK.
Cheers
Dave R

On 16/05/2020 18:26, David wrote:

Actually it was a TravelLodge we stopped at in London for the night. All I can say is that the Covent Garden one is better than the one in South Croydon.
--
Adam

On 17/05/2020 09:25, ARW wrote:

Croydon facelift = Females with hair tied tightly back to pull the wrinkles flat.
On 16/05/2020 18:10, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I cant remember if it was formula 1, or travelodge, but it was made of cardboard.
--
"Nature does not give up the winter because people dislike the cold."

― Confucius

they are
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
On Sat, 16 May 2020 18:10:26 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

they are

I think that hotels can now open to provide accomodation for workers. The SI for the last amendments says:
(2) In regulation 5(4), after sub-paragraph (a), insert (aa) to provide accommodation for any person (i) who works in one of the critical sectors listed in the guidance titled Guidance for critical workers who can access schools or educational settings published by the Cabinet Office and the Department for Education and updated on 5th May 2020(b), and (ii) whose need for accommodation is connected to their work;
I've not checked what Regulation 5(4) is...

Who was paying the bill? B-)
Travelodge went through a *very* bad patch a few years ago, like not providing soap and a towel! Maintenance went down the pan. Horrible places. Cheap and frequented by stag/hen nights...
More recently they have started supplying soap and towels again, maintaining them better and also doing major refurbishment. They aren't too bad now, especially the refurbished ones. Breakfast is a problem as most don't have any dining facilties and aren't co-sited with a sister chain pub/restraunt like Premier Inn.
But if your not getting to the place until 2100 and out the door again at 0700, provided you can wash and sleep what more do you want...
--
Cheers
Dave.

They've never been closed - or rather some. My niece's better half has been away on business about 5 days each week since this started, staying in hotels.
--
*Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.

On 16/05/2020 16:52, David wrote:

I used to get almost daily email messages from a UK retailer offering discounts on goods. I directed these automatically to my junk bin. During the X weeks of lock-down these messages ceased but now they have started to reappear but without any mention of discount.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On Saturday, 16 May 2020 16:52:26 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:

fwiw my time at a premier inn was surprisingly good. Just expected cheap but got an OTT bedroom, fairly good food & no lack of willingness to assist with the couple of issues that cropped up, neither of which were their fault.

In decreasing order of comfort
1. Premier inn 2. IBIS 3. IBIS Budget 4. Travelodge 5. Prison 6. Park Bench 7. Formule 1
Weatherspoons hotels are reportedly as good as Premier.
--
Adrian C

Only stayed in one (Bedford) but yes, as good as - and better beer & food attached.
Mind you I may not be staying/eating in Weatherspoons places after the way it's owner treated his staff.
Avpx
--
"my mother ran away before I was born".
(Sourcery)