So far OT...........Travelodge is missing me!

Just received a couple of emails from Travelodge saying that they are missing me.

No shit, Sherlock!

We are in lock down,

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

What has this got to do with DIY.

--

Reply to
GB

But are you missing them?

Reply to
ARW

Rentokil are going to be busy after the down-and-outs are chucked out, leaving all their fleas and bed-bugs behind

Reply to
Andrew

I think to be missed by travelodge is not something I would reveal to anyone.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In my long working career, I stopped in many hotels, but I never experienced a Travelodge, I had no idea they were that bad.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Personal bias, probably.

I've used them for a cheap bed from time to time, along with the other chains.

Nothing special, not for a holiday or luxury, but OK.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

I cant remember if it was formula 1, or travelodge, but it was made of cardboard.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

they are

Reply to
charles

What?s it got to do with DIY?

Nothing.

What?s it got to do with uk.d-I-y?

Plenty!

Reply to
cpvh

I used to get almost daily email messages from a UK retailer offering discounts on goods. I directed these automatically to my junk bin. During the X weeks of lock-down these messages ceased but now they have started to reappear but without any mention of discount.

Reply to
alan_m

I've not checked what Regulation 5(4) is...

Who was paying the bill? B-)

Travelodge went through a *very* bad patch a few years ago, like not providing soap and a towel! Maintenance went down the pan. Horrible places. Cheap and frequented by stag/hen nights...

More recently they have started supplying soap and towels again, maintaining them better and also doing major refurbishment. They aren't too bad now, especially the refurbished ones. Breakfast is a problem as most don't have any dining facilties and aren't co-sited with a sister chain pub/restraunt like Premier Inn.

But if your not getting to the place until 2100 and out the door again at 0700, provided you can wash and sleep what more do you want...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

fwiw my time at a premier inn was surprisingly good. Just expected cheap but got an OTT bedroom, fairly good food & no lack of willingness to assist with the couple of issues that cropped up, neither of which were their fault.

Reply to
tabbypurr

In decreasing order of comfort

  1. Premier inn
  2. IBIS
  3. IBIS Budget
  4. Travelodge
  5. Prison
  6. Park Bench
  7. Formule 1

Weatherspoons hotels are reportedly as good as Premier.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Had they been trying to hit you then? I guess these are computer generated automatic things. Reminds me of the many sci fi stories where travellers are welcomed to a planet by some automated system but there is nobody left. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

He probably goes around and puts in diy kitcheens to hotels?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Actually it was a TravelLodge we stopped at in London for the night. All I can say is that the Covent Garden one is better than the one in South Croydon.

Reply to
ARW

That's what they can pay tax and NICs free without any bother with HMRC and without any paperwork other than that you were out overnight. A lot of firms use that as "the going rate".

Reply to
Robin

And you cannot be expected to ask for a receipt every time you go to the bar. You remember to ask for the first 5 or 6 pints...

Reply to
ARW

Croydon facelift = Females with hair tied tightly back to pull the wrinkles flat.

Reply to
Andrew