OT Evening September

I remember Brian was having some trouble with Evening September. Packed in for me as well. Anyone else?

Reply to
harry

If you mean Eternal September yes, it's running very slow and won't post any messages. If you can read this one, then it looks like they've fixed it

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

It's a bit slow but still working here. Can you increase the duration before it times out?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not working here for most of the day. I could not connect to their website either. I've fired up my Albasani account for now.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Dreadful here - I've switched news servers again - E-S is down quite often these days.

Reply to
Bob Henson

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It lost a server which had the database and web server on it. He's fixed the database somewhere else temporarily, so posting works again. He intends to install it on a new system tomorrow.

Reading news has not been impacted for me, only posting.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I have TLS enabled, and cant remember the last time I had a problem with it!

Reply to
Toby

I've never even heard of it, harry.

Reply to
Bob Eager

It's like Eternal September, but only works at the end of the day.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So a bit like Eternal September?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Haha :) but actually the opposite. Seems to work fine all day and then grinds to a halt in the evenings.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Are you sure your ISP isn't traffic shaping NNTP? At least one that I know of (Tiscali) does, in exactly this manner, to limit bandwidth consumption once the copyright thieves come home from work and start slurping gigabytes of Ghod-knows-what off Usenet.

Reply to
Huge