OT: Google street view is now in 3D

Oh dear.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Oh dear...what? Do you actually know what the OP is referring to?

Google StreetView now has an option for using anisotropic 3D glasses - I discovered it this morning. It wasn't there the last time I looked.

It's not great, as there a lots of 'tears' on the images, which spoil the effect a little - but it's fun.

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

Oh dear for two reasons.

One...I thought it was an April Fool.

Two...I will never be able to use it anyway!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I hate it when somebody moves my 3D glasses.

Reply to
Matty F

:-)

I screwed up anyway. A Rioja issue.

I said anisotropic glasses - which was completely and utterly wrong. Should have been 3D anaglyph glasses - basically, red/blue 3D glasses.

I guess from comment two though, either you are colour-blind, or only have sight in one eye. So sorry about that! :-(

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

The latter - as of eight weeks ago! I have sight in the only eye I have!

Still, at least I didn't get sick like my wife did when she went to see Avatar...silver lining!

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , John Whitworth writes

Not been paying attention at the back have we?

Bob (cyclops) Eager is no longer physically capable of stereoscopic vision

Dennis is just a little out of touch with the real world

Reply to
geoff

And geoff just has to try and make out that I said something wrong as he usually does. Go and put some dry joints on a circuit board.

Reply to
dennis

Ab out three days ago. Yet another daft option in the panel. :)

Reply to
ericp

I would guess - on April the first!

tim

Reply to
tim....

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Dunno, but will it make my roof ridge look straight (as it actually is) and my fence upright (as it really is)? Both badly distorted by GSV.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Wonder if it will make my lawn look like it has been cut?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , "dennis@home" writes

That's because you invariably do

What me?

Sorry, you have confused me with someone who works

I pay people to work

And, do you actually know what a dry joint is ?

Reply to
geoff

It will give it a reddy/bluey tinge! ;-)

Reply to
John Whitworth

But I was right though...by Bob's own admission. I think it is ye who needs to read the threads before responding! :-D

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

Any idea why the clip on 3D glasses

brown and blue when all the other glasses are red and blue?

Reply to
David WE Roberts

like the spots for the spot welder that we used to send the apprentice for

Reply to
F Murtz

> are brown and blue when all the other glasses are red and blue?

For use by the colourcode system, recently used by Channel4 for their 3D programmes

've no idea whether brown/blue is really better than red/blue, or just a patent circumvention measure.

Reply to
Andy Burns