[OT] Good customer service

Having recently given vent to my feelings about Focus, it is really nice to be able to post a positive on a relevant product - I have seen several posts looking for the cheapest lamps for various purposes.

We had been looking for some reasonably priced high colour temperature compact fluorescents. Eventually we found some 5000K ones at

- and ordered a few last night. Today we got an email:

Dear Anna:

> Very sorry that we sent you the wrong products today. We will > send you the correct items tomorrow. If you like you can keep the > goods that we send you and no charge for them.

That beats Screwfix for noticing before they have even been delivered. Beats Plumbworld for getting two emails within the day. And sure as hell beats Focus for doing 'the right thing'.

Now, I wonder what they sent originally....????

Note: I have never dealt with them before so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this email is typical of their customer service and that the product is good.

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

Sorry to sound dumb, but what are these and what are they used for? "Compact" and "fluorescent" I get, but "high colour temperature"??

Reply to
Suz

Found a good explanation: Colour temperature is a measure of the colour of 'white' as displayed by the monitor. The value is expressed as the temperature of a 'white-hot' object whose colour output matches the displayed colour. Higher colour temperatures e.g. 9300° are more 'blue-white' lower temperatures e.g. 5000° contain more red. Perversely, high colour temperatures are often described as 'cooler' whites because of the blue component, whereas the redder whites at the cooler colour temperatures give a 'warm white' appearance!

Reply to
Suz