OT: bet this upset greenpeace!

Love it. I especially love the comments.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The whole thing, in my view is an attempt to muddy the pond. The fact is that climates are altering, and whether its due to what we do or not, somebody has to face it and adapt our living on this planet to suit the way its going. This might mean abandoning whole cities or whole regions or adapting them to keep the population safe. Its always happened of course and in many ways the continued problem with starving Africans is because the population there refuses to abandon the places where they have always lived, despite the writing on the wall.

So we need anew mindset that recognises that we live in a very dynamic universe in which things change.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

the reality of it seems to be that warm winters and hot summers are a thing of the past for at least a decade, and in fact the climate is altering back to where it was 50 years ago, after briefly having been where it was 80 years ago.

whereas as a result of 'climate of fear measures' living standards are now nudging towards where they were 50 years ago.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher