I bet that would sell for $130 . . . . . .

We have new neighbors next door. While I was working out in front of the garage, the new guy came over to say hello. He saw my shop for the first time and admired the tools. He is into cars and welding ore than woodwork.

I showed him a couple of projects underway. They I showed him the Tudor bench I finished this spring. He looked at it and said "Wow, I bet that would sell for $130 or more at a craft show."

I didn't tell him that I have just over $300 in wood, (cypress), $25 in finishing material, more hours than I could count. He's right, I bet it would bring at least $130!

-- Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

And now you know why we have to work really really hard to make a living building furniture... My next door neighbor came over last summer and saw the 2, 3 drawer bedroom night stands I was building for a customer... He says Oh,,,those are cute... I was thinking $2,000. cute.

Then, My sister and brother in-law were in the furniture business in Denver a few years ago and had their living room littered with that Mexican Style stuff with the broken and rusted hardware with the diesel and used motor oil finish...

Reply to
Leon

no someone would ask for a discount (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight

Ed, repeat after me...... "its a hobby"....."its a hobby"......... Maybe you ought to offer him $1500. for that '65 Mustang he spent the last several years restoring...........................

TomL

Reply to
TomL

===================================== Yep, Ed's' neighbor fits the MUSTANG (Rustang) crowds reputation for knowing value.