OT: Anyone got any good Christmas pressie ideas?

You too??

I get odd looks when I get my mole wrench out at xmas.

Reply to
Grunff

Now that's what call a real DIY attitude :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Can I have a pint of whatever you are drinking Arthur?

OK - I love torches - always have since I was a kid :-)

Anywho - 5 year old grandaughter (the most beautifil & intelligent child on the planet IMO) spotted said head torch & wandered around for a good hour wearing it :-)

It's a kid thing (I never grew up).

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well online is my usual MO... just not been so on the ball this year.

Good swap?

Oh, yes headtorch - I can think of a few likely candidates for one of those. Well done!

Reply to
John Rumm

The message from "The Medway Handyman" contains these words:

What's wrong with a big hammer? :-)

Reply to
Roger

Nah -

geoff

I wasn't saying that you shouldn't *have* one, Huge, I agree that it's none of the government's business; just curious as to what one would do with it. A genuine one as a collector's item I can understand. Fake one as a collector's item? Seems a strange thing to collect.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Plenty of people have reproduction things if they can't afford the real one. I don't mean plasticy tat here, but why not have a good quality piece of metalwork or china decorated in Samurai or Ming style.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Nothing if you like pulped nuts, all mixed up with bits of shell.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Do you have any prints in your house? Why don't you have a *real* Renoir?

Reply to
Huge

Could bring a tear to the eye...

Reply to
John Rumm

If you have to take your time picking the bits of shell out, it makes the nuts last longer.

Next week's economical tip: a recipe for Mock Woolton Pie.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Funnily enough, no. Individual works. DIY.

That's next week.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

I want my girlfriend's sister but Santa has said "No way"

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , ARWadsworth writes

- there was a "comedy shorts" along those lines on BBC3 last night

... a taxi was involved

Reply to
geoff