Oil based or emulsion?

Hi, Any thoughts on the pro's and con's of using emulsion paint on skirting etc, rather than gloss paint. I know it won't be as tough but that won't be a problem in my circumstances.

Many thanks

Ferret

Reply to
Ferret

I've tried it and it flaked straight off.

Where I have seen it "work" it was badly marked in no time at all.

Can't you just use a solo one coat oil based jobbie?

Reply to
RedOnRed

Don't you ever hoover? Skirting is one area I'd always use oil based paint

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Tel me about it. I'm just about to start doing it.

Modern man...lol

Reply to
RedOnRed

Don't use a vinyl based emulsion. However, you can use an acrylic based paint, which will be water based.

They are normally called things like "Quick Drying Satin" or suchlike. Personally, I use Dulux Trade Quick Drying Eggshell.

Christian McArdle

> Christian.

Thanks Christian for the Helpfull info. Do you know how well the Dulux paint compares with the crappy "water based gloss" paints that the likes of B&Q and Homebase sell.

Reply to
Ferret