Nuisance youths

I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house - positioned in such a way that no-one just walking past on the pavement will be caught in shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at the window I can show it to my local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be 15 feet onto my property.

Reply to
John

Complain to the skool if they are going to or from it,esp'y from it.

-- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Reply to
Stuart B

Can you imagine that working?!? You'd be arrested for violating their rights or something!

I had a similar problem with people using my garden as a cut-through. I used a laser spirit-level and pointer to create two beams across the path (the beam itself was invisible, but the "spots" on the wall looked lazery!), and put an old, dud cctv camera on the wall and it stopped!

I'd just put some kind of overt fake camera. And don't worry about filming people - I took a snap of two young lads in a neighbours back garden; they'd already broken the window and taken a playstation (they were on their way back for more). The police came round and I showed them the snap, but because it was a neighbouring property there was some thing about the photo not being able to be used "officially", but they immediately recognised them, went for a visit and found the playstation right there - red handed!

So, go for it!

Reply to
lardconcepts

Get real - the school are not interested in what goes on beyond their boundary!

Reply to
John

Times may have changed but they certainly were when I was at school (back when Noah was a lad). As far as they were concerned, if you had any part of your uniform on you were recognisable as "an ambassador of the school" and were expected to behave accordingly.

ah, the good old days ;)

KK

Reply to
Kaptain Kremin

Take photographs. Arrange for someone else to follow them home and get addresses. Complain to the school, so it's on record.

Place a PIR triggered speaker with a loud recorded message "entering this property further without permission is trespass. Action will be taken for persistant offenders."

Then, arrange for a remote spray of hair dye at their face level.

Reply to
Adrian C

steal their sneakers and swear blind they are making it all up.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Champion of the Gang is now more important.

Reply to
John

IMHE you get rather the opposite - a rather sad conversation with a Head who was bemoaning the drop in standards of pupil behaviour, entirely sympathetic to my comments, but who was clearly run off his feet in stopping the same kids either nicking the school or setting fire to it. I couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor guy (and grateful I'd never gone into teaching).

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Do you not have a wall/fence/gate?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Put yourself in their shoes, what would scare the shit out of you are stop you being a nuisance?

Reply to
Tommy

Not permitted - open plan fronts in deeds.

Reply to
John

old days?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ah. That makes it difficult.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yep. Especially as I didn't suggest any violence although there was of course the cane for serial offenders.

As the teacher is 49, let's assume he has been teaching for some years and has seen his authority gradually eroded by all these left wing do gooders to the point that he is now constantly abused and vilified by some oik trying to prove to his peers that he is the "big I am".

Teach has finally snapped with tragic consequences. I do not for one minute think his actions are acceptable but I also doubt they came about without severe provocation.

KK

Reply to
Kaptain Kremin

In message , John writes

Move to a nicer area, they certainly are around this area.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Covered pit with pointy bamboo sticks at the bottom?

Reply to
Jules

Exactly what I've been thinking since I heard the news. It had to happen sooner or later. Something *must* be done to stop kids ruling the Country and always being right. I don't think it's the kid's fault - it's the Parents ... :-(

A couple of years ago I asked neighbours to please stop their children screaming (it had been going on for hours). They said they'd ask them but didn't think they would agree to stop.

Yep "ah, the good old days ;)"

Reply to
Hugh Jampton

messagenews:Ufp5m.53778$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.virginmedia.com...

Pyrocantha, lots of pyrocantha. And brambles, with long grass with plenty of dog shit hidden in it!

Reply to
Limey Lurker

If you're married, you could always suggest they're peeping toms to plod...

Reply to
Colin Wilson