more tiling help

That rather sounds like you're not setting the blade guard correctly - or it has a poor one.

If you set the Plasplugs one carefully water splatter is minimised and no bits get thrown around - although I do of course use safety specs. But I've not known them hit by flying bits.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah, you got me... was some time ago, but I have memories of the (Plasplug) blade guard obscuring the marked cutting line too much for my liking, so I raised the guard about 30 degrees so that I could clearly see any deviation from the line.

Plasplugs, guard not carefully set. Water, grit, chips, the lot. Safety goggles very much needed.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Ah - could be if you're freehand cutting. For parallel cuts - which are the vast majority - I set the guide to the line then flip down the guard so it's tight to the tile. Hardly any water splash - apart from that which runs off the tile - and no bits flying around.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)