Tiling HELP

Hi

Can someone please explaint to me what you do in cases where you ar tiling a wall and the tiles used have different thicknesses. We ar currently tiling our bathroom and have purchased two types of tiles one has a thickness of 10mm and the other which is a mosaic tile has thickness of about 4-5mm. How can you get a flat even finish, is i merely putting more adhesive under the thinner tile?????

HELP !!!

-- nillybum

Reply to
nillybum

Which is the main tile? Are you inserting the mosaics into the other tiles in a pattern or are they running along the top, for example? If the mosaics were just being used to liven up the main tile I think I'd stick/screw thin ply to the wall to bring them out closer to the thicker tiles then tile onto that.

If the thicker tiles are in the minority and are going to break up the mosaic then take them back and get thinner ones! :)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Oi, stick to curries :-)

Roddy

Reply to
Rodders

I am a man of many talents - most of them useless :)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot