more renewable troubles. Pass me the extension cable..or an angle grinder?

Scargill could supply the gas. If he croaks then there's Bob "Windbag" Crowe to take over.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well they did have a calculator. Think I saw one once...

Reply to
polygonum

Was it the Sinclair one? A mate had one at school. All it was used for was typing 0553 (and then turning the thing upside down), 7175, and a few other vaguely amusing things. Those were the days!

Reply to
Max Quad

Bit here on the topic.

harryagain

ESSO OIL and SHELL OIL

Reply to
harryagain

On Friday 09 August 2013 07:15 harryagain wrote in uk.d-i-y:

80085
Reply to
Tim Watts

GEAR OIL AXLE OIL DAMPER OIL CRUDE OIL OLIVE OIL BABY OIL 3-IN-1-OIL

Reply to
The Other Mike

and 55378008

Reply to
John Rumm

I heard a roumour that our CS department brought one of teh fists and expensive hex calculators in the mid to late 70s but it got stolen. It was said that a someone in a local pub tried to sell it and when demostarting it found it didn;t work, as examples like 10 + 10 = 14 so they throw it away.

Not sure how true it was but I heard it from a number of people that worked there at that time.....

Reply to
whisky-dave

Surprised it wasn't reverse polish notation as well.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On Saturday 10 August 2013 21:35 Dave Liquorice wrote in uk.d-i-y:

When PCs were just starting to get around, someone nicked a load of dumb terminals from my uni - it was presumed they were thought to be "PCs".

Reply to
Tim Watts

Criminals are no brighter now - hence the morons who steal fibre optic cable and try and sell it for scrap.

Reply to
Huge

Shortly before I started at mine, someone drove into the campus, and reversed a van up to the double doors at the end of a corridor, then proceeded to unload a complete labs worth of XT clone computers into the back of it. They looked like they were supposed to be doing it, so no one questioned them!

Reply to
John Rumm