Angle grinder.

May I thank all on here who regularly suggest the use of an angle grinder for every conceivable problem and a few inconceivable ones too.

I had a broken rack bolt in a wooden window, why do these things always fail locked? After a fruitless poke around with a screwdriver I began to wonder what the advice on here would be. I'm sure that "use an angle grinder" would have been high on the list. Any way there was a slight gap between the window and the frame that I could see the bolt through. I removed the guard from, fool I know, and fitted a very thin disc to my angle grinder. Shortly afterwards the bolt was cut in two and the window opened.

So thanks to all of you.

Reply to
Bill

Should have used car body filler :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Screwfix, the extra-thins for stainless steel are great on door bolts.

Reply to
Andy Dingley