Replace outer skin of LCD/TFT screen

Hi -

22" TFT monitor with an ugly scratch in it. I don't think the polish & vaseline hacks will be enough.

Like any TFT, the screen will be a sandwich assembly, with a thin plastic sheet outermost. If I dismantle it, it should be possible to separate the protective outer layer and replace it.

What I need is a supplier for the replacement plastic sheet. Generic 1mm acrylic is not going to have the matt finish or diffusion effect of the factory panel.

Any ideas, please? Buying a broken screen and cannibalising is possible, but more complicated.

TIA

Reply to
Zapp Brannigan

Thin-ish LDPE? The kind that milk bottles are made of, only thinner? It's available in sheet form - no need to melt down those milk bottles.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Polarising sheet. There are suppliers around; I came across this a few years ago, when diy-ing a projector, but then the empathis was on how to remove the sheet. At the time I also came across mention of suppliers, but don't have any links.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon