Monday at Lidl

Well, seeing as you ask - I doubt it. The link is specific - tha actual url ends "angle_grinder_stand..". The error that is more likely to happen (IMHO) is the exact opposite to what you suggest - it will come up with the angle grinder (as the reference refers to a particular angle grinder page) and I'll toddle along to my local to discover they don't do them! Irritating but I would still know what he was talking about and would remember to check next time. In fact I'll check now! Well I'm OK bus it's on the full list for my store.

I guess at least we agree that there could be an error!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

If George could be bothered he could just have typed the four words "cheap angle grinder stand" along with his link and saved everyone the bother :o)

Reply to
John

OK then, these are probably not the best quality hand tools, but, in the same series and at 99p each, can you go wrong?:

(takes you to LIDL web site - check local store for availability)

Better?

Reply to
Bob Mannix

OTOH, NO! Not at any price! A beach fashion faux pas

this week's Lidl offers

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Then everyone would be telling him he should have use TinyURL instead of posting a long link that wrapped and broke in their favourite browser ;-)

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

You could always look to see who's posting. If an unknown, ignore. But I'd say a regular is unlikely to post anything dodgy.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Takes away the thrill of anticipation. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite honestly all the tools I've bought from Lidl are exceptional value. Nor have I had any duff ones. Some have been very good by any criterion. Except Andy's, obviously. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I tried that URL.

It gave me a photo of a box of cauliflowers. On a Monday, I suppose that they are leftovers from Saturday. Presumably the angle grinder is to cut them into florets.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes. A turd is a turd whether it is polished or not.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I previously bought the stainless steel Scrapers at £1.99 on offer again, very good VFM

Mark

Yes but the stand is for the angle grinder,very handy for the grinder to cut clean perfect ends of tublar metal, ect.

I'm sure Aldi sees you coming? you keep getting redirected to the fruit&veg shelves. :-P

Reply to
George

But make sure you check all the message headers first, as it could be a bad guy impersonating a regular in order to lull other regulars into a false sense of security ;-)

David

Reply to
Lobster

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

I always do :-)

A blind link from you wouldn't be a problem Dave but you'd never be that rude :-D

Reply to
fred

So you admit that Lidl power tools do have their uses?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Possibly, but don't you think that a whizzing carborundum is a complicated way of getting your 5 a day?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm always concerned when the qualifier "for the money" is added. Either a product does the job or it doesn't. If it doesn't then it is as much use as a one legged man at an arse kicking party. If it does then great.

The price has no bearing on either. Either something works or it doesn't. Something that doesn;t work that cost 50p is no better tan something that doesn't work that cost a pound.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You eat crunchies as well?

Reply to
George

Depends on whether you mean function or durability. I get anything up to ten years out of Bosch and Ryobi kit. A pro might wear this out in a couple of months, which is why they buy De Walt. But I can have several tools for the price of one De Walt.

Reply to
newshound