Airbags at Lidl

Lidl have packs of two airbags like WinBags
https://www.tradecounterdirect.com/specialoffers/offers/masterlock-flight-p romotion/new-winbag-air-wedge-offer-buy_type.html?gclidIaIQobChMI_IKG6 _vn2wIVSLTtCh00GgZYEAAYAiAAEgLop_D_BwE
They are £7 or 8 for two and seem better than WinBags in that you can control the air via a screw rather than a button, which is much better if y ou want to deflate the bag slowly.
Murmansk wrote:

Good price, not that I found any issue with the bulb/button arrangement for inflating/deflating winbags
On 22/06/2018 20:25, Andy Burns wrote:

Not that good a price:
https://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+hand-tools-clamps-vices-door-installation-clamps-pump-up-air-wedge-lifting-bags-pack-of-4-rutlands+dk7082
--
Cheers,

John.
John Rumm wrote:

I meant the lidl price, not the tradecounter price ...
Who knew air could be so useful. Brian
--
----- --
On 22/06/2018 20:09, Murmansk wrote:

Bought some in my Lidl a couple of months ago. Wonder if I will ever use them though. Or if I will remember where I put them when I think of a use.
I've found them very useful for lifting washing machines and freezers up to adjust their legs. I think one of the main things they are designed for is fitting window frames, if you have a few of them (the bags that is).
I've also found them useful for lifting heavy doors up so you can get the hinge in line with the screw holes and I had a baby gate that needed taking apart and an airbag was the only way I could exert enough force on it without damaging it.
One day I might find a child with their head stuck in some railings and they'd be useful then too!
Murmansk wrote:

That's what I bought mine for, replaced all doors and windows single-handed using them (apart from a lift into place with the largest one).
Andy Burns wrote:

Think I saw some in Aldi,did not buy, now am kicking myself.
On 24/06/2018 16:03, Murmansk wrote:

Both useful tips, must try to remember them. I knew about the use on window frames but don't have any plans to do this ever!

Don't think the little lidl ones would be strong enough for that. However I kept a couple of scissor jacks out of scrapped cars, they have come out of storage occasionally to jack up a joist.
On 24/06/2018 16:03, Murmansk wrote:

I find them handy for various wood working applications where you need a spreader clamp (can be augmented with a length of wood for more reach)
--
Cheers,

John.