Make an internal washing line, like the retractables

Almost had (another) heart attack when I saw the price of retractable washing/airing lines for the kitchen. Last time I bought one, about 20 years ago, it was only a couple of quid or so.

So straightaway I put on my thinking cap and thought: there's got to be a way of stringing up a few lines internally for just the cost of the line and a few hooks. I reckon, just providing the hooks, then winding the line back and forth and tying it up would suffice. When the clothes are dry, take the line down again.

Any suggestions?

MM

Reply to
MM

MM scribbled...

You like your clean washing to smell of chips, curry & cabbage water ?

Reply to
Artic

Any old roller blinds lying around? They used be spring loaded so would be retractable

Reply to
stuart noble

Any old roller blinds lying around? They used be spring loaded so would be retractable

Reply to
stuart noble

A Minky 4 line 3 metre one is £9 from Homebase Online

A single line reel 15 metre line is £3.50 from Asda, comes with 1 hook bu t add your own hooks to loop it round the place.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

when are you moving to germany

how many children do you have

Reply to
Judith

A Minky 4 line 3 metre one is £9 from Homebase Online

A single line reel 15 metre line is £3.50 from Asda, comes with 1 hook but add your own hooks to loop it round the place.

unless he can get in aldi , he wont buy it

Reply to
Judith

Don't go wasting your money on hooks. Simply lower your kitchen downlights from the ceiling and wrap the washing line around the downlights.

You will have no problems as the junction box will provide all the support you need.

Reply to
ARW

Plus delivery, it isn't cheap.

Yep, I reckon I could 15m line cheaper than Asda, but that would be my idea. The 'retractable' feature is a nice-to-have, but not essential. And it's only for use in winter, since I can hang the washing out in the summer.

MM

Reply to
MM

You've posted to the wrong group.

uk.wankers is thataway: -------->

MM

Reply to
MM

I assume that you are a regular poster on that newsgroup.

Reply to
ARW

told ya adam dude

Hes still a fat sack of shit even though he lost 23kgs

Reply to
Judith

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 12:50:13 -0000, "ARW" wrote: You've posted to the wrong group.

uk.wankers is thataway: -------->

MM

That would be you , home alone , no wife - nothing at all

Reply to
Judith

why don't you talk to them

Reply to
Judith

Saw one family hang their things on one of those ceiling fan blades and run it on low speed.

Reply to
F Murtz

Kind of making their own 'drying weather' indoors!

MM

Reply to
MM