Fixing washing line

I need to fix a washing line to a brick wall. I bought a big screw hook intending to fit a big rawlplug in the mortar between bricks. The guy in the shop said what I really want is what looks like a chrome plated 6" nail with a bent over end where the head would be. I have got both so which do I use and do I just hammer the nail thing in the mortar or drill a hole, or what?

Reply to
Jim Scott

Given that a line full of wet washing can be quite heavy I would use an eye rawlbolt.

Just think of the earache you will get if it all falls on the ground just as the missus if hanging out the last article ;-)

Reply to
6

The message from "6" contains these words:

Though the washing line pulley here survived for 30 years screwed into the wooden fascia with a couple of 1" #8 screws. Would have lasted longer, too, if I hadn't dropped a tree on the line.

Reply to
Guy King

Ours has lasted 42 years, the big purpose-made 'nail' was just hammered into the mortar.

I've never known one pull out, even when lines have broken.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher